Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Granola Recipe!

Finally Friday!! This morning started off with a mug of
Oatmeal (shocking I know) with yummy coconut!
 

Oatmeal with Shredded Coconut & PB2

______________________________
Calories: 244
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Dry Oats
2 Tablespoons Sweetened Coconut
1/4 Cup 2% Milk
1 Tablespoon PB2
______________________________

For directions, follow my oatmeal recipe <- click
I also wanted to share my granola I love to add into my oatmeal
today! It's really simple and great to cure that sweet tooth fix!
 

____________________________________
Ingredients:
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Egg Whites
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 Cup Dried Cranberries
1/3 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1/8 Cup Crushed Walnuts
____________________________________

 
I like a lot of fruit&vanilla in mine, however this recipe
is easily adaptable! You can switch the cranberries out for
any dried fruit or a bunch of dried fruit! I added 1/8 Cup of crushed
walnuts but I forget they're even in there, next time I make this
I will definitely opt for a bigger nut like pecan halves.
Preheat the oven to about 275 while preparing all of the ingredients.
In a large bowl mix the oats, cinnamon, vanilla, & maple syrup together.
This can get pretty sticky, however I found it worked better using my hands.
After it is all incorporated add the cranberries, coconut, and walnuts.
Put in the 275 oven for about 30-45 minutes checking and stirring every 15 minutes.
 
Enjoy!
AL <3


No comments:

Post a Comment