Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wonton Tacos & Sushi

This weekend was exactly what I was hoping for!
Lazy, movies, cooking, and friends!

Did I mention lazy??
 
 
This weekend's weekly meals consists of
Wonton Tacos & Sushi!
 

Wonton Tacos

 

__________________________________
Calories:57
(not including veggie toppings!)
Ingredients:
18 Wonton Wrappers
1/2 Packet Taco Seasoning
1/2 Lb. 80/20 Ground Beef
(Or Your Preference Of % & Meat
Chicken Would Work Great Too!)
& Any Veggie Toppings!
__________________________________

 
First off, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Then I halved
my pound of ground beef and started to saute it. I also added
some chopped onions into my beef (not pictured & optional).
After the meat was done, I drained it, added a 1/2 packet of taco
seasoning, or your favorite Mexican seasonings! I then started to
add my wontons to my muffin pan and sprayed them each twice
with pam cooking spray to make them nice and crispy!
I cooked mine for about 10 minutes at the 350 heat, however
depending on your oven it might take longer or shoter to crisp up!
* Make sure to keep checking them sometimes the edges would
fall and fold inside which would result in not having a cup like wonton!
I used a normal kitchen spoon and added a heaping spoonful to
each wonton cup (made 18 servings) then added all my veggies!!

Homemade Sushi

 

__________________________________
Calories: 200 A Serving
(One Roll, Makes Three)
Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Japanese Rice
1 Cup Of Water
1-2 TBS Rice Vinegar
Nori Seaweed
Imitation Crab
Cucumber
1.5 TBS Mayonnaise
Srirachi To Taste
__________________________________

First off start by measuring the 3/4 cup of Japanese
rice and 1 cup water and put it in your rice cooker.
Let it cook completely & let it sit for at least 15 minutes
in the rice cooker after it clicked. Add the rice to a non metal
bowl and let it cool. Start julienning your cucumber & crab (cut
into long skinny strips). After rice is cool add the first tablespoon
of the rice vinegar and mix well, but do not make it mushy.
Using your fingers, grab some of the rice, if it doesn't stick
to them add the other tablespoon. The rice MUST be super sticky!
After rice is sticky enough, cut your nori in half. Make sure to wet
your hands completely before adding rice to the non shiny side of the
nori or you will not be able to get anything accomplished!
 After the rice is completely covering the seaweed, except
leaving a little open around every edge, flip it over!
Start adding the Crab & Cucumber (or whatever ingredients
you want to!) Shrimp, Avocado, or Salmon would all be great!
I love adding chili sauce, or making a spicy mayo sauce
(a combination of mayonnaise and chili sauce)
I use plastic wrap to help me roll it tightly, due to not having
the actually sushi roller they use. It also is a great help
whenever you are trying to slice it without smashing it!


 Enjoy!
AL <3

No comments:

Post a Comment